$1954 Donated to Mepham Library In 2021
IN MAY, LANCE BLACKSHAW
presented a check for $1954
from the Class of 1954 to Librarian Shari Stack and Principal
Spearheaded by Bob "Vince" Ferrigno in
2015, the Mepham High School Class of 1954 Memorial Library
Fund was established "to honor our fellow classmates
and the many individuals in the Mepham community who have so
positively impacted our lives." Since then, our class has
continued to make annual donations of $1954 or more. You may
contribute towards this award. See below.
The funds have been utilized
for books and other equipment that the staff felt were needed,
Some examples of previous donations have been:
- Library Book Return
- Charging Station
- Smith System® Flexline Technology
- $6500 donated by our class in 2019, which
was utilized towards large-screen TVs, enabling the library to run "slideshows of what's happening
around the school, news reports, inaugurations and other major
- $3300 by Dr. Mark Mobius, which
created a "reading Nook" at the south end of the Library.
- Six iPad Airs. Each iPad is
engraved, "Gifted to Mepham High School by the Class of
- Six MacLocks, rotating and tilting
iPad enclosures, along with six stools for added student seating
- Creation of an IPad Reference
- Partial funding of "MakerSpace,"
a DIY creation area for students to gather, build, invent and
to all our donors
who have so generously donated
to the library fund!
This will be
a continuing annual award, and if you wish to contribute, contact
Bob Ferrigno at Vincef369@gmail.com. It's tax deductible!
Check Presentation 2019
... Wlliam Hall, Bob "Vince"
Ferrigno, Librarian Shari Stack, Lance Blackshaw, Al Haggerty
and Principal Eric Gomez. Photo courtesy of Linda Ferrigno.
A Trip to the Library:
below for the Memorial
Plaque presented to Mepham in the fall of 2015. It is located
in the Library entrance.
The Mepham Alumni Association
web site contains several pages of Library history and the Preservation
- Click here
to read more of the Library's history and changes.
- Click here
to view information and before and after photos of the project,
which was undertaken and financed by alumni contributions
(Click on the photos on those
pages for larger images).